Junior Road Safety Officer (JRSO)
Key Stage 2 children aged 9 to 10, and their teachers.
To encourage young children to engage with their peers and deliver serious road safety messages in a fun and lively way.
- JRSO pack – folder includes information on the JRSO's role, year planner, monthly topic sheets, activities and information on staying safe
- School guide – offers background information for the teacher and explains how they can help and support the JRSO
- Street Safe Live – annual summer learning event for JRSOs and to thank them for their hard work and commitment
- Website – with sections for the JRSO (including the JRSO pack), interactive games and links to information for Teachers
Key areas for cyclists
- Being seen and wearing reflective clothing
- Using the correct lights
- Wearing and fastening a cycle helmet
- Being heard and warning others
- Being aware of other road users
Available to all Key Stage 2 schools in London
Visit the JRSO website for more information