Key Stage 3 students aged 11 to 14 years old and their teachers.
To tackle road safety and citizenship issues and to look at the positive and negative impacts of different forms of media.
- Filmed scenarios – 'Independent Journeys', 'Peer Pressure' and 'Life Savers'
- Workshop films – exploring the messages in each scenario and looking at how to put on a performance
- Media tools – downloadable 'backdrop' films and audio, scripts, information sheets and posters
- Interactive game – an engaging 'pairs' game with 4 sub games for use on a PC or interactive whiteboard
- Teachers' notes – a guide to using the resource, plus extension activities linked into curriculum subjects of English, Drama, PSHE and Citizenship
Key areas for pedestrians
- Using timetables to plan safer journeys to and from school
- Using safer crossing places, particularly where there are busy roads and lots of traffic
- Using bus stops, bus stations and Travelcards sensibly
- Using 'trusted' registered taxi/cab companies
- Learning how to say 'No' to peer pressure
Resources have been provided to all Key Stage 3 schools in London.
Contact LRSU for further information.